I think most people by now have heard of Ipsy, a monthly subscription to beauty and makeup products that is personalized just for you.
I had known about Ipsy for quite a while now, as most of my friends had a subscription and always raved about it. Being a broke college student, I waited until I was finally more financially stable to purchase a monthly subscription. After making my account, it prompted me to answer questions about myself in order to completely personalize what products I receive. I added my age, skin tone, eye color, what products I was interested in, and what shades I preferred (neutral, fun, etc). I got an email confirm welcoming me and a second email stating that I was on the waitlist. Basically, to get off the waitlist all I had to do was click a link in their email to share their content to my social media account.
Ipsy charges only $10 a month, and you don’t have to purchase a yearly subscription. So I knew if I didn’t like my December bag that I could simply cancel and not be charged for the next month. Their shipping is also free so I didn’t even have to factor that price in. On December 6th, I received an email that allowed me to click a link to see what my Glam Bag products were. I almost didn’t open the link because I really wanted it to be a surprise, but I honestly couldn’t help myself. The link included photos and a description of the exact products I would be receiving and I was so excited! It made my December much more fun knowing that I was going to get some fun beauty products in the mail soon. This is what I received the second week of December:
- Silver Glam Bag
- Promise Organic Nourishing Coconut Milk Daily Facial Scrub with Sugar & Walnut
- Lisa Frank X Glamour Dolls Stargazing Shimmer Eyeshadow
- OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Ipsy Unzipped
- Two Feel Brilliant Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet masks
- Luxie 239 Precision Shader Brush
Review: Silver Glam Bag
1. Silver Glam Bag: The Glam Bag was absolutely adorable. It was just a simple small bag that I can use to store lipsticks, pens, tissues, etc in my purse. It is also good quality and I didn’t have any difficulties with the zipper sticking like I do with so many other bags. Rating: 7/10
2. Promise Organic Nourishing Coconut Milk Daily Facial Scrub with Sugar & Walnut: Okay, this stuff was so much better than I was expecting. I was hoping for a very sweet, coconut smell, but it had a different smell that I still can’t place. It wasn’t a bad smell at all, just not what I was expecting. Even though I have fairly sensitive skin, this scrub didn’t irritate my skin at all. I prefer physical scrubs over chemical scrub and this one did the job so well without stripping my skin of moisture. I found myself a little obsessed with it and used it up within two weeks. Rating: 9/10
3. Lisa Frank X Glamour Dolls Stargazing Shimmer Eyeshadow: I wasn’t excited about this products packaging at all. I know a lot of people thought it was really cool since most of us grew up with Lisa Frank products, but I’m not really a fan of colorful packaging that seems geared toward children. Even though I didn’t like the packaging, the shimmery golden color was right up my alley and I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, it just didn’t have much color payoff at all. I have tried it several times since and it just doesn’t have the pigmentation that I would have wanted. To me, this specific product was more of a gimmick than anything. Rating: 3/10
4. OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Ipsy Unzipped: I was so excited to try this out. I have been wanting to try OFRA’s products for the longest time, and I thought it was cool that they partnered up with Ipsy to create this gorgeous berry shade. It did not disappoint me. Just the scent of the lipstick alone is pleasantly surprising. It dries beautifully and doesn’t cake up or get flaky like some liquid lipsticks. Rating: 9/10
5. Two Feel Brilliant Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet masks: These masks are simply AMAZING. When trying these I had no idea what to expect. My sensitive skin has betrayed me many times when trying new face masks, so I was scared when I read on the back that you would start to feel a tingling sensation after applying these. I’m so glad I decided to stick it out though because it was so soothing and left my face feeling so soft, hydrated, and bright. I’ve already used both of my masks and will be repurchasing from feel’s website very soon. Rating: 11/10
6. Luxie 239 Precision Shader Brush: Luxie is a wonderful brand and I’ve always been a huge fan of their brushes. Anyone who loves makeup will always be appreciative of more brushes, and these are great quality. These are cruelty-free and typically retail for $14. Rating: 10/10
In conclusion, I adored all the products I received except for one. For $10.83 a month, the items I received were most definitely worth it. I truly enjoy receiving products that I probably wouldn’t purchase on my own. They always surprise me and I end up liking them so much more (I swear I’m awful at picking things out for myself). I have continued to use Ipsy and absolutely adored my January bag as well. If you’re interested in a Glam Bag subscription, feel free to sign up using my link here.